Electrical Estimator - Full Time
With a large portfolio of active projects across 9 major market sectors throughout Illinois and the surrounding states, Connelly Electric, Co. is one of the leading design build electrical contractors in the Chicagoland area. Connelly Electric is seeking an up-and-coming professional who is confident, self-motivated, and passionate about what they do. The function of this role is to consistently create accurate and competitive cost estimates for projects by evaluating bid specifications and drawings, accurately performing takeoffs, and collecting and reviewing proposals.
- Review specifications and drawings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate
- Identify and request quotes from qualified material vendors and subcontractors. Evaluate responses for completeness with plans and specifications
- Perform take offs and develop cost estimates from drawings and specifications for work we self-perform and enter data into estimating software
- Compute costs by analyzing labor, material, and time requirements
- Itemize and quantify all incidentals necessary for scope of work
- Compile completed bid packets and review to ensure there are no scope gaps.
- Ensure compliance with company standards, evaluate risks and client requirements.
- Draft scope letter inclusions, exclusions, and clarifications for estimates
- Participate in "Go/No-Go" decisions; Bid review Meetings; Project Kickoff Meetings, etc.
- Conduct project site visits for job walks and meetings
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Civil Engineering preferred
- 3-5+ years of experience preferred
- Experience with Trimble Accubid preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors, clients, and others
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to meet critical deadlines
- Ability to be self-motivated, proactive, and an effective team player